Sunday, December 18, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
- Coop turned 5! Yikes, I have 7 weeks left with my sweet boy before kindergarten! Holy Moly...before we know it he will be hitting puberty.
- At the end of Febuary we moved about 45 min from our old house. Still not too far from Downtown Nashville. We wanted to be in a better school district for Coop's K experience and also be closer to Tuck's new school.
- Tuck started his new school, which is AMAZING!!! We have seen such huge progress in him. He is really starting to talk and put words together, successfully feed himself (when the booger wants to eat), and become more stable with his fine/gross motor skills. I think not only is this due to his amazing teachers, but the school has a clinic attached to it. So all of his therapy (physical, occupational, speech, and feeding) is done there onsite! So nice. Some of you have asked me about his diagnosis.....I will do another post on that later. (Gotta get thru the 6 months of catch up first).
- My parents came for a visit in March, so nice!
- Chris' family visited us in April for Easter. Was great and the Easter bunny was too good to us. My ASS thanked him for the candy!
- I had the best Mother's Day gift ever this year. A visit from the Egan family!!! We had the best time and we also got to Shower Jen with a pink baby shower celebrating this sweet girl that should be here anyday!!! Can't wait.
- In June, we were fortunate enough for Chris to get offered a job to stay at Vanderbilt Hospital. Such a huge blessing in so many ways. He will be working at their Children's Hospital. I coudn't be happier or more proud of him. Almost here at the end....FINALLY! To surprise Chris for is accomplishments, I threw a big surprise party here for him. He had no idea. All of our family on both sides came into town. Was so fun and the kids had such a great time!
Whew...I think that was a quick wrap up. Lame...I know! Pics always make a blog. I am guilty of not wanting to read a blog if they don't have any pics. I am one of those people today. Sorry, now that I have gotten the last 6 months off my chest, I can post some cute pics to go along with my wrap up....once I get them organized! I am forever on this hamster wheel of organizing. I love the thought of being organized, but seem to not quite get there!
Until the next blunder (which I know there are many),
Saturday, December 18, 2010
As a daughter, sister, friend, mom, wife, etc.....there is just too many hats to wear! Do you ever feel like you cross off one thing on your to do list, just to add 3 more things to the list!!!!!!! Yikes, it is never ending and I feel like there is ALWAYS something to do! But, one thing I have started to learn (maybe I am becoming wiser as I get older) is that you have to trade your DONT'S to get your DO'S accomplished! Everyone has a different list of don'ts and do's! There are many many many things I choose not to do in order to get to my do's! Here are some of my trade offs (don't judge by the pictures you are about to see):
- I DON'T sew (not a lick...not even a button...hoping to learn someday), but I DO talk with my friends and family on a regular basis.
- I DON'T (rarely) ever make food from scratch, but I DO have a weekly family game night that we ALL look forward to.
- I DON'T scrub my bathroom or floors as much as I should (sometimes I even stick to my floor..YUCK), but we DO have family picnics often.
- I DON'T iron my clothes (I either don't buy the kind that require ironing or I throw them in the dryer to try to get the wrinkles out), but I DO read to my kids everyday.
- I DON'T have a clean car (I think some of my kids afternoon snacks consist of Cherrios or Goldfish that were found in their carseat), but I DO try to get in a good 5 min cuddle (AT LEAST) with each of my kids a day.
- I DON'T dust often enough (sometimes when you walk by the dust bunnies, they are big enough to actually chase after you), but I DO go to the park or zoo as often as I can.
- I DON'T fix my hair (usually in a pony tail) or wear much makeup, but I DO craft often with my kids.
My children have helped me to realize that my DON'TS just aren't that important. I know that they will be so grown up so soon, that I am trying to be present in EVERYDAY! I might need reminders here and there, but I am really trying to soak it up.
Things get done when they need to, which is usually before guests come over. HA! My Do's out weigh my don'ts by a mile. My Do's are what make me happy and give my kids great memories!
What are your don'ts so you can have your Do's?
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Last but not least, the boys and I had to venture to Walmart today! Of course, when we got there Coop had to use the potty (for some reason now, every where we go publicly...Coop needs to POOP, ALWAYS). So, all 3 of us went into the big potty (handicap) so we could all fit into it together. While helping Cooper, I turned around and saw Tuck doing this! Guess he just needed a little rest!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Time for our costumes and Trick or Treating couldn't come fast enough! But, finally it had arrived. Our evil Darth Vader and adorable Fireman couldn't wait to Tee Tee Tee (Tuck's version of Trick or Treat....totally melted my heart).
It was another successful fun year at Halloween! My hips are thanking me today for the generous amount of chocolate I gave them yesterday! I hope you had a VERY HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Saturday, October 30, 2010
We have had a great time making some Halloween crafts/goodies! I will say that I don't have any original creativity! I am really good at attempting to copy other people's craftiness!